(: June 26, 2019)
Microsoft Excel certifications help in validating the abilities and skills of a professional in the MS Excel platform’s applications and tools. The basic judgment of the certification is the ability of the individual aspirant for the functions on the spreadsheet, data entry jobs, formulas, calculators, charts, pivotal tools, graphics tools, and macro programming language. Individuals can benefit and get hold of a lot of advanced tools in MS Excel 10, the latest version, that are used in simplifying jobs related to the database.
What Makes Microsoft Excel Certifications Popular?
The popularity of Microsoft Excel certifications is that it helps to identify an individual as an Advanced level expert rather than a beginner in MS Excel. The certification enables the understanding of the basics related to Microsoft Excel. All common and helpful functions related to the MS Excel platform can be learned. The complete power of MS Excel can be harnessed through the automation of everyday tasks using VBA and Macros. A huge set of data can be maintained effectively in a single table that adds on to the level of convenience. Individuals are certified to create dynamic reports using the tools and the Pivot tables. People can become a professional trainer for MS Excel with the certification.
Why Get Microsoft Excel Certifications?
On passing the Microsoft Excel certification exams, recruiters can clearly identify the skills and working capability of an individual in the platform of MS Excel. This creates a positive notion about the individuals with the certification as they are considered worthy of executing the tasks associated with MS Excel. The certification also enables an individual to be recognized for their technical knowledge on MS Excel platform.
Methods to Pass Microsoft Excel Certification Exams
- An individual must know what to target and how much to study about MS Excel.
- One needs to understand basic concepts before appearing for the Microsoft Excel certification exams.
- One must find effective study guide and materials that can help to find what is needed.
- Taking notes is a good habit of learning. Notes can be taken from any source from which they are available.
- Practice exams help in understanding the pattern of the questions and the test format.
- Time management in the exam and also while studying is a vital step towards achieving the certification.
Details of Microsoft Excel Certifications
Once an individual receives the Microsoft MCSA Certification 70-480 Exam Dumps, they have the ability to demonstrate and perform well in any aspect related to MS Excel. The management of large data, handling complex tasks, and serving business intelligence through Excel platform are the key deliverables of a certified individual. Analysis of business, making quick decisions, applying functions, manipulation of PivotTables, and building spreadsheets are among the beneficial capabilities that a certified professional possess.
Experiences of Passing the Microsoft Excel Certification Exams
People who have passed the usually possess the following qualities:
- Creation of advanced spreadsheets.
- Large data set management.
- Mastering in Excel functions.
- Creation of dynamic reports with the help of PivotTables.
- Easy unlocking of Excel PowerPivot and Add Ins.
- Auditing the formulas on Excel worksheet and eliminating errors.
- Task automation using VBA and Macros.
Microsoft Excel Certifications Training Courses
The official course for MS Excel is distributed in four main categories. These are the most beneficial courses available online for the aspirants. The list of the four different tests is mentioned below:
- An Introduction to Excel- MS Excel 101.
- Intermediate Level Excel – MS Excel 102.
- Advanced Level Excel – MS Excel 103.
- Projects on VBA and MS Excel Macros.
Along with the above-mentioned training courses, the materials related to MS Excel 2013 that can be operated on 2015 and 2016 also serve to be beneficial.
Are Microsoft Excel Certifications Practice Sets Useful?
The practice sets and study materials for MS Excel prove to be very beneficial to all aspirants and are available offline, as well as online. One who has access to the content of MOC (Microsoft Official Curriculum) has an additional advantage as all are formulated by experts in MS Excel that satisfies the main objective of the certification test. The practice sets help in clearing concepts of individuals regarding the format of the exam and its pattern in a detailed manner.
Things to know about Microsoft Excel Certifications
- The certification obtained through Microsoft Excel marks an excellent opportunity for the aspirants towards their career path. This helps in differentiating a certified individual from the crowd as their proficiency is demonstrated on the platform.
- The performance in the field of the job is enhanced, and this is according to the surveys conducted on a worldwide basis where the certified persons are proven to achieve more than the non-certified. The market competition can be overcome easily by possessing the certification in MS Excel and getting placed in a reputed firm in the business sector. The certification acts as the credential that an individual desires.
- Skills can be enhanced, and new skills can be learned by taking the certification courses related to MS Excel. This helps a great deal in the main exam.
10 best books to pass Microsoft Excel Certifications
- 2016 MOS Study Guide for MS Excel by Joan Lambert.
- Textbook MOS Excel 2016 and 2013 by Studio Visual Steps.
- Excel Formulas and Functions by Adam Ramirez.
- Certification Prep Microsoft Excel 2016 by D. Michael Ploor.
- Excel Tips & Tricks by Inc. BarCharts.
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Tips & Tricks by Curt Frye.
- 50 Most Powerful Excel Functions and Formulas by Andrei Besedin.
- Top Secrets of Excel Dashboards by Andrei Besedin.
- Excel Basics in 30 Minutes by Ian Lamont.
- MS Excel Bible by Andrei Besedin.
Microsoft Excel certifications are easy to achieve once an individual master in all the functionalities related to it. This helps a lot in case of career advancements. The certification helps in establishing the skillset of an individual and makes them recognizable by Microsoft. The certification id globally recognized. Apart from being recognized, an individual gets a better pay scale compared to the non-certified due to their expertise and service skills.
Do you want to move from a Junior to Senior and experienced Linux / Network Engineer?, check our list of recommended books to read: