(: August 12, 2017)
Backbox is a Linux security assessment and pentesting distribution based on Ubuntu core system but has the advantage of being fully customized and designed to be one of the best Penetration testing and security distribution just like Kali Linux.
- Updated software packages are:
- Metasploit Framework
- Social Engineering Toolkit
- WPScan wordpress vulnerability scanner
- OpenVAS vulnerability assessment toolkit
- BeEF exploitation framework
- Ruby upgraded to version 2.2
- DirSearch Web path scanner updated
Blackbox is a distro for Penetration testers who would like to do:
- Web application analysis
- Automotive and exploitation
- Stress testing
- Vulnerability assessment
- Network analysis
- Computer forensic analysis
- And any other security stuff you can think of
If you’re a Linux guru or Debian/Ubuntu die hard fan, give this distribution a try and it might be your first step to fascinating world of information security. Since it uses XFCE as the default desktop environment, i bet it’s one of the lightest and fastest.
BlackBox Linux Download Link
If you had already installed BlackBox Linux, just do:
Take a cup of coffee and wait for Backbox Linux installation to complete.
Other top penetration testing and security assessment Linux distributions; alternative to Backbox are:
- Kali Linux : Based on Debian, widely used.
- Parrot : Based on Debian
- Qubes : Based on Fedora, Reasonably secure OS
- CAInE: Has complete set of Computer Forensic tools
- BlackArch : Based on Arch Linux
- JonDo : Tor-Secure-Live-DVD
- Pentoo : Based on Gentoo
- Tails : Privacy for anyone anywhere
Try them out and you may find one that drives you crazy!. Backbox Linux rocks though this is FOSS world, your choice,your future, your happiness.
Have a lovely day,