The vtop is a graphical activity monitor for the command line written in Node.js. How do I install vtop on my Linux server?
From the project page:
Command-line tools like “top” make it difficult to see CPU usage across multi-process applications (like Apache and Chrome), spikes over time, and memory usage. That’s why we created vtop. Vtop is a free and open source activity monitor for the command line. It’s written in node.js and can be easily extended
First install Node.js if not installed on your system. Next type the following command to install vtop:
$ sudo npm install -g vtop
How do I use it?
Type the command:
You can setup the vtop theme:
$ vtop -t wizard
Possible theme options: acid, becca, brew, dark, monokai, parallax, seti and wizard:
$ vtop -t parallax
- Press u to update to the latest version of vtop.
- Arrow up or kto move up the process list.
- Arrow down or j to move down.
- Press g to go to the top of the process list.
- Press G to move to the end of the list.
- Press dd to kill all the processes in that group.