(: June 23, 2016)
Want to install Chromium Web Browser on your Linux box now?. Here is a small tutorial on how to get Chromium Working on your Linux Box.
Chromium is the multi platform open source web browser which strives for a secure, fast and stable web browsing experience for its users. It is a tabbed web shell built upon WebKit engine hence Chromium provides latest HTML5 and CSS3 features to the end users.
Chromium provides the following Features
- multi-process architecture that provides better security and stability
- A lot of themes ready for use.
- preferences sync – keeping the same settings, bookmarks, extensions and theme over multiple machines
- Private browsing with incognito mode
- Faster address to IP resolution through DNS prefetching.
How to install it on Debian, Ubuntu, Kali
How to install it on Suse and OpenSUSE Linux
Download Suse/openSUSE rpm package
Then type the following command followed by name of package you downloaded,the following example assumes you have
You can install Chromium with One Click Install.
Just click on One Click Install Link for chromium
Click on Direct Install link.
How to install Chromium browser on Fedora and CentOS
First, Install the Stable Chromium repository for Fedora Linux.
Now issue the following command to install chromium
sudo yum -y install chromium
To launch it with the terminal, just type:
How to install Opera Mini on Debian, Ubuntu and Kali Linux
Installing Mozilla Firefox on Debian and Kali Linux