Binance is excited to announce the next project on Binance Launchpad – Band Protocol (BAND). The Band token sale will follow a lottery & airdrop format, with the recording of user BNB balances already having started at 2019/08/17 00:00 AM (UTC).
Please note that we have made the following change to the lottery rules for this session, as previously announced:
- Binance will record user BNB balances for 30 days from 2019/08/17 00:00 AM (UTC) to 2019/09/16 00:00 AM (UTC). The final BNB holding amount for each user will be determined as the average of the 30 days, but using the Daily Average BNB Balance calculation previously announced here.
BAND Airdrop Details
For this Launchpad session, a pool of 631,800 BAND tokens (approx 300,000 USD) will be split and airdropped to all launchpad participants that do not have a winning ticket.
The amount airdropped to each participant that does not have a winning ticket will be calculated as = (Number of non-winning tickets held by each non-winning participant / Total number of non-winning tickets across all non-winning participants) x Total Airdrop Pool. Please note that if you do have a winning ticket, you will not be eligible for the airdrop.
Example: User A claimed 3 tickets but did not have a winning ticket. The total amount of tickets across all users that did not have a winning ticket is 400,000 tickets. In this scenario, User A will receive an airdrop of 4.7385 BAND (631,800 BAND / 400,000 X 3).
BAND Token Sale Details:
- Token Name: Band (BAND)
- Launchpad Hard Cap: 5,850,000 USD
- Total Token Supply: 100,000,000 BAND
- Total Tokens Allocated to Binance Launchpad: 12,368,200 BAND (12.37% of Total Token Supply)
- Public Sale Token Price: 1 BAND = 0.473 USD (price in BNB will be determined prior to the lottery draw date)
- Token Sale Format: Lottery & Airdrop
- Max Number of Winning Lottery Tickets: 19,500
- Allocation Per Winning Ticket: 300 USD (634.25 BAND)
- Total Airdrop Pool: 631,800 BAND
- Supported Sessions: BNB only
- BAND will initially be issued as an ERC-20 asset.
- 2019/08/17 00:00 AM (UTC) to 2019/09/16 00:00 AM (UTC): During this period, user BNB balances will be calculated in hourly snapshots for each day over a 30-day period. Your final average daily BNB balance over these 30 days will determine the number of tickets that you will able to claim.
- 2019/09/16 06:00 AM (UTC): Ticket claim will open at this time for all eligible users for a 24 hour period. Users must also sign the Token Purchase Agreement at the same time, prior to completing the ticket claim. Please note that users will only be able to claim tickets once.
- 2019/09/17 06:00 AM (UTC): Ticket claim closes and the lottery draw begins.
- 2019/09/17 08:00 AM (UTC): Winning tickets are announced and the respective BNB will be deducted from each winning users’ accounts. Please ensure you have sufficient BNB in your spot exchange account to be deducted within 24 hours if you have a winning ticket. Please note that BNB in open orders, margin accounts or lending products will not be able to be deducted.
- 2019/09/17 08:00 AM (UTC): After this time, we will airdrop BAND tokens to all participants that did not have a winning ticket.
Lottery Ticket Allocation
Users will be able to claim up to a maximum of 10 lottery tickets based on their daily average BNB holdings (represented by X below) over the 30-day period leading up to the lottery draw date.
For example, 50 ≤ X < 100 means that your average BNB balance over the entire specified period is kept at 50 BNB or more, but does not exceed 100 BNB.
|Daily Average BNB balance (X)||No. of Lottery Tickets|
|50 ≤ X < 100||1|
|100 ≤ X < 150||2|
|150 ≤ X < 200||3|
|200 ≤ X < 250||4|
|250 ≤ X < 300||5|
|300 ≤ X < 350||6|
|350 ≤ X < 400||7|
|400 ≤ X < 450||8|
|450 ≤ X < 500||9|
Average BNB Holdings Calculation
An example of the average BNB holdings calculation for each user is below.
|Day||Average BNB Holdings on each Day|
|30-Day Average BNB Holdings||(100 + 100 +…+ 80 + 80) / 30 = 77.3 BNB|
|Total Eligible Ticket(s)||1 Ticket|
To learn more about Band (BAND), read Binance Research’s in-depth report here.
For more details on our 9th Launchpad project Band, read our blog post: Binance Launchpad To Host The Token Sale of Band Protocol.
Band Project Links:
Whitepaper: Band (BAND)
- From the 9th Launchpad project and onwards, the BNB holding period will remain at 30 days.
Reminder: Users need to complete their account verification and also be from an accepted jurisdiction to participate in this token sale.
* Users from the following countries will not be able to participate in token sales on the Binance Launchpad platform:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Albania, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burundi,
Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Korea (North), Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Mozambique, Myanmar, Macedonia, Pakistan,
Serbia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Uganda, Uzbekistan, United States of America and its territories (American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands), Vanuatu, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe
All investments are subject to high market risk. Please make your investments very cautiously. Binance will choose high-quality projects, but will not be responsible for any investment losses.
Thanks for your support!